Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lasik ... I finally took the plunge !

After many months of deliberation, I finally decided to take the plunge and do lasik on my eyes (on the 3rd December 2008). The fact that it is also covered by the company's medical benefits contributed to it.



So here i am, the morning I was supposed to do my lasik at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. I am kinda of nervous since the eyes are something that we can't do without ... ^ ^"

The procedure went pretty smoothly.. the only thing I didn't expect from the procedure is the SUPER blinding white light that you had to stare into, my surgeon Prof Heng, told me I just have to open my eyes and I will get used to it. It was really quite painful.

After that, it was:
.. '"it will last about 1 min"
.. "look into the red light"
.. "perfect, good, perfect".... *chao da smell in the air* EEKS

Before I knew, the 2 eyes were done and my surgeon said "Congratulations Yew Beng! You have a new set of eyes! "

That afternoon, I could barely open my eyes.. stinging feeling, sensitive to light ..etc.. but it is all worth it !!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VAIN !!! ^^




Here I am ... without spectacles after > 20 years ..

No comments: